So where are we now? There are 46 days (that’s 11o4 hours or 66269 minutes) and a number of seconds until I sit for the NYS Bar Exam. Three weeks into Barbri, several subjects down (Torts, Agency/Partnership, NY Practice, Constitutional Law) and currently reviewing Contracts/Sales. It hasn’t gotten any easier and I expected that to be the case regarding the material. The closer to exam day we get, the more material we’re going to have to hold in our heads at once. Working on the essays and the NY portion of the exam has me stressed because I feel totally incompetent right now. Part of me knows that I’m supposed to feel like I don’t really know what I’m doing but I’m supposed to rest assured that it gets better as the course goes on. Yeah ok. The other part of me is just slightly freaking out. I think I’d have to move to another country if I didn’t pass the bar. I certainly wouldn’t take it a second time.
The part that I expected to get easier but isn’t is the routine of going to work all day followed by bar review at night. I’m soooo sleepy! Some classes I can barely focus and I’m trying to do all kinds of crap to stay on point. Usually I hate the idea of energy drinks such as Red Bull but I’ve had 3 this week. It’s not working. Tonight I fell out for a few seconds off and on during the very first hour of class (with two and a half more to go). I spent the second hour peeling and eating an orange, hoping that the activity of it along with the citrus smell would keep me awake – it sort of worked.
One of the most helpful things has been the occasional check in with Twitter and looking at all of the other folks tweeting about the bar. Misery loves company, that’s for sure. I take comfort in knowing people all across the country are suffering just as much. Check out some of our moaning, groaning and procrastination:
- FliptheBar: situation here in the law school library is critical. ppl tired as hell. looks like we all need to go out this weekend! #barbri or not!
- KiaJD: #barbri is like Ambien. Within the first hour of formation of a K, I was Zzz on my handout
- KiaJD: My next stay awake tactic is to fill my bladder and refuse to pee until class is over. #badIdeaThursdays #barbri
- SnowChick4321: Barbri hell.
- ToryFodder: A small piece of my soul dies each time I go to#Barbri.
- Kluper: Someone found my blog by Googling “I’m going to failBarBri.” HILARIOUS.
- dslans21: #Barbri sample essay answers = ridiculous. Are they trying to make me feel bad? Well then, mission accomplished.
- LiviaFine: Bad news: far behind in #barbri. Good news: caught up on my New Yorker reading. I should be in a procrastinatorium.
- legallyfab1: If I have one more person tell me to “just stick to the schedule” or other barbri advice I’m going to scream.
- LizzyBaby0226: @failingpanda twitter is the only thing getting me through #barbri.
- V_Uncorked: Good looking guy on the train with a barbri book. I feel like I should make out with h because his life is and will suck.
So tired. Goodnight :/